Sunday, September 30, 2007

Art Center Update - We've Moved!

SO SORRY for my long absence!

The trouble with teaching art classes during the summer months is I get so busy planning and teaching classes that I rarely have time to even turn on my computer, much less post regularly on my blogs! (Maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew?)

Our summer art classes were so successful, I had to split a few of them into two or more classes due to my very limited space. I was thrilled that so many kids wanted to take art classes, but because I could teach only four or five students at a time in tiny little classroom, I spent many more hours teaching the same classes two and three times each week.

Guess what? All of that has changed!

As of October 1st 2007, the Blackfoot Art Center has relocated to The Center, a new community and recreation center in downtown Blackfoot. Our new classroom is spacious and roomy, with plenty of table space and elbow room. It is well lit, and has an attached restroom, lots of storage space for supplies and ongoing projects, and plenty of wallspace to display student artwork.

If you live in the Blackfoot area and have taken art classes with us or would like to do so, it's time to get excited! You will love our new facility, and we are excited about offering it to you. More great news: class tuitions for all classes will remain the same. How do we do it??? Well, just never mind about that. You'll still be getting terrific, fun art classes for all ages (4 and up), with most or all supplies and materials included; and now at a beautiful, centrally located facility -- and class fees are just as affordable as ever. Wow!

Take a look at our most current art class offerings at any time by clicking the Current Class Schedule link in the right sidebar of this page - just below Art Supplies, Books, and Magazines. You can also download class registration materials and instructions by using the appropriate links. (These are pdf files, so you need Adobe Reader to download them.) By the way, I'll post our Fall/Winter class descriptions in my next post.

The Center is located at 157 West Sexton in Blackfoot, Idaho. Phone is 208-785-8022. The Blackfoot Art Center contact phone is 208-785-0828. Note: private and semi-private art lessons will still be available at our original location at 146 S. Meridian Street in Blackfoot.

The artwork above, Snapdragons with Lemon, is tempera on paper, painted by 8-year-old Eden in our "Let's Paint!" summer art class.

No comments: