1. Art teaches self-esteem.
2. Art aids the development of physical coordination.
3. Art stimulates connections between rational and abstract thinking.
4. Art teaches problem-solving and provides safe decision-making opportunities.
5. Art develops good work habits and responsibility.
6. Art provides a means of non-verbal communication and expression.
7. Art promotes self-awareness and understanding.
8. Art heightens aesthetic awareness and sensitivity.
9. Art teaches respect for individuality.
10. Creating art generates joy.
We are in the process of completing our Summer 2006 Class Schedule, which will consist of three - four week sessions. Kids' classes will include fun art projects, beginning drawing, nature drawing, creative writing, photography, and some exciting workshops. Adults will choose from drawing, pastel painting, creative photography, and private group instruction.
We have made an adjustment to our current adult drawing class schedule. This 5-week class will start on Thursday, May 18, from 7 to 9 PM. If you would like to learn to draw, there is limited space available in this class. Use the following link to download more information and a registration form (this is a PDF, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it).
NOTE: If you are unable to attend the first class session, you may still sign up and complete the first lesson at home. (Let us know upon sign up and you will receive complete Lesson I instructions.)